Saturday, April 13, 2013

National Food Days

Yesterday was National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day, and yes, I observed it. Every delicious, crunchy-creamy-smoky bite.  

One of the things I find amusing, though, about National Food Days is how few people really know about them.  Even at the grocery store where I do most of my shopping, they are oblivious to them.  

Today, in fact, is National Peach Cobbler Day, and you can bet I'll be making a cobbler today.  If you'd like to play along, I'm including a list of National Food Days for the rest of April, I'll be posting each month's observances on the 1st day of the month, and wherever possible, I'll include a recipe from the collection.  But, I'll warn you in advance, watch out on May 24th...

April 14 - National Pecan Day/Peach Cobbler Day
April 15 - Glazed Spiral Ham Day
April 16 - National Eggs Benedict Day
April 17 - National Cheese Ball Day
April 18 - National Animal Cracker Day
April 19 - Garlic Day / Amaretto Day
April 20 - Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Day
April 21 - Chocolate-Covered Cashew Truffle Day
April 22 - Jelly Bean Day
April 23 - Picnic Day
April 24 - Pigs-in-a-Blanket Day
April 25 - National Zucchini Bread Day
April 26 - National Pretzel Day
April 27 - Prime Rib Day
April 28 - National Blueberry Pie Day
April 29 - National Shrimp Scampi Day
April 30 - National Oatmeal Cookie Day


No comments:

Post a Comment